This model is sold under the Atlas "Master" line. Previous versions came with Rapido-style couplers.
Here's what Atlas has to say about them -
Originally built in the 1930s, these steam era hoppers continued to run well into the diesel days and provided backbone and reliability to some of the nation's coal hauling railroads.
Trainman features -
- Prototypical painting and lettering
- Die-cast underframe and slope sheets
- Friction-bearing trucks with AccuMateŽ operating knuckle couplers
- Plastic body with removable coal load
- Flat or peaked ends as per the prototype